IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

9 страниц V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Проект StarGate Atlantis, Звёздные врата: Атлантида
Valery
сообщение 07 Sep 2010, 00:37 (Сообщение отредактировал Valery - 07 Sep 2010, 00:43)
Сообщение #141

Immortal
Спасибо сказали: 782 раза

I don't agree on second. Most of time you have to translate from a language you don't know, as chinese-->english, russian--->english. So need machine first. Then fix machine by using your brain, ERM reading and your capacity to compile logical in-map actions.

Цитата
This is only way that allows to make good translation. And yes, this way have been used hundreds of times even before there was any machines capable to do a machine translation.

Give me a single example of a english to russian translation of a Heroes map made by the past, using manually translate and not machine. There is none, and we have to do with what we have, or nothing is done the other way.

Цитата
Actually there aren't much difference between good translator and good writer.

I agree.

--------------------
Go to the top of the pageAdd Nick

+Quote Post
Haart of the Aby...
сообщение 07 Sep 2010, 01:10
Сообщение #142

Взъерошенный коатль.
Спасибо сказали: 6070 раз

Цитата
Most of time you have to translate from a language you don't know
Good translation can be only maked from a language that is familiar to translator. And good translator will never take on job to translate from language he don't know well.

Цитата
Give me a single example of a english to russian translation of a Heroes map made by the past, using manually translate and not machine.
A single example? wink.gif Well, i am completely sure that russian version of "Cave of Gerfrex" map may serve as such an example. Moreover, i am almost sure sure that all default Heroes 3 maps and campaighs in Buka's russian releases of Heroes 3 were translated without using machine translate. Sadly enough, if you ask i will not be able to give you any prooflinks because i haven't engaged in this and all related web-conversations (if any) are sink in the depths of time. But i hope you understand that, being a native Russian-speaker and having good literary taste, i always can detect whenever some piece of text are based on a machine translate.

--------------------
БЕЗДНОРОГ
Требуют наши сердца.
БЕЗДНОРОГ
Требуют Польша и Русь.
Редактируя карты и тыря графику в WoG
Безднорог!
Мы ждём Безднорог!

+Quote Post
Valery
сообщение 07 Sep 2010, 01:17 (Сообщение отредактировал Valery - 07 Sep 2010, 01:18)
Сообщение #143

Immortal

Lord Haart, you are right, in theory. If one knows the source language, it is much easier, but not necessarily better.

I experienced it with the Chinese-->English translation of the "Dragon Slaughter" map, text heavy. We did not know a word of chinese, but worked hard and the upcoming translation is if not perfect, at least fitting to a high standard.

Sometimes the text can be changed, to get more proper sentences, within similar flavor. Machine translation is routing work, artistical translation may require other skills then knowing language. A word per word translation is a very bad idea, specially when dealing with languages where a single word can have up to 50 meanings, as chinese does. I don't know about russian.

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Вог мастер
сообщение 07 Sep 2010, 03:20
Сообщение #144

Спасибо сказали: 6 раз

Большую половину конечно вставлял в переводчик, но не в один, а одновременно в три, из этого выбирал лучший перевод, изменял его и вставлял. Простые предложения сам переводил. Лучше не будем больше об этом говорить и о переводе, просто наслаждайтесь игрой, ведь я в конце концов не для себя делал, а для вас

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Valery
сообщение 07 Sep 2010, 03:58 (Сообщение отредактировал Valery - 07 Sep 2010, 06:25)
Сообщение #145

Immortal

Wog Master, I appreciate what you did. Perfect or not perfect, you did more than anyone here for Atlantis mod (except Astaroth naturally). good.gif

The mod is a total conversion of WoG, anf the russian translation is there only to facilitate approach and make it playable, not present a Lord of Rings romanced grammar (Lord of the Rings is a good literature standard anyway?).

Criticizing the translation is off topic, unless it is absolutely 100% not understandable. But I am unable to test its quality.

Actually, if someone of you provided us a machine translation of Phoenix mode, we would highly appreciate it because it would allow me or others to enjoy (at least partially) Berserker work. Which we can't right now.

Цитата
And good translator will never take on job to translate from language he don't know well.

A good translator will make a good translation for money, it is his job. For free, we take what it is given, so I say thanks or I ignore. No one forces you to deal with a russian translation you don't like or understand. Just pass your way...

Btw, Byte Bandit and Jim Vogan started a SITE with more than 100 translated maps from various languages. Most are done with machine then manually fixed anyway. A great project which I support 100%, allowing us to explore maps we could not until now, so they do not get lost in time.

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
packa
сообщение 07 Sep 2010, 16:23
Сообщение #146

Immortal
Спасибо сказали: 2643 раза

Спасибо, Вог мастер.

--------------------
Удалено Администрацией. Браузеры жаловались на вредоносное ПО.
Ссылка на оригинальное изображение: http://herоeslibrary.nеt/Site_images/admin.jpg
Ссылка на сайт по нажатию баннера: http://herоeslibrary.nеt

(ссылки содержат кириллические символы вместо оригинальных)

Видишь бяку, - упрости! (с) кто-то из выдающихся математиков)
Учи матан & Сходи с ума (с) архидедус

+Quote Post
Valery
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 13:12 (Сообщение отредактировал Valery - 09 Sep 2010, 14:06)
Сообщение #147

Immortal

Just a note: When I released it I included Baratorch HD patch (from months ago), with a few mine modifications.

But Atlantis will no more work with the latest Baratorch HD patch, the right click texts, the custom portraits and the custom icons will be ignored/replaced by HD patch.

So it can be played with the version included, but 100% not compatible with latest HD patch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
baratorch
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 21:46 (Сообщение отредактировал baratorch - 09 Sep 2010, 21:48)
Сообщение #148

Immortal
Спасибо сказали: 4617 раз

во-первых. начал играть, телепортнулся к атлантиде, зашел, вышел, сел в джампер. Что делать дальше не понимаю. Куда лететь то?

во-вторых. запустил h3wog.exe, запустил h3wog.exe_HD.exe (c установленным HD 2.24f) разницы не заметил, в чем проявляется 100% несовместимость с хд модом не понял.
Разве что панель ресурсов в HD геройская, но это исправляется несколькими кликами..

--------------------
HoMM 3 HD:
http://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd
последняя версия - 3.61f

+Quote Post
Etoprostoya
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 21:49
Сообщение #149

Etoprostostatus
Спасибо сказали: 15833 раза

Цитата(baratorch @ 09 Sep 2010, 22:46)
во-первых. начал играть, телепортнулся к атлантиде, зашел, вышел, сел в джампер. Что делать дальше не понимаю. Куда лететь то?

Там портал на западе-юго-западе где-то.

--------------------
Etoprostopodpis'

+Quote Post
baratorch
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 21:54
Сообщение #150

Immortal

как он выглядит?

--------------------
HoMM 3 HD:
последняя версия - 3.61f

+Quote Post
FCst1
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 21:56 (Сообщение отредактировал FCst1 - 09 Sep 2010, 21:57)
Сообщение #151

Fattest man
Спасибо сказали: 2593 раза

Ну... Там на западе только один объект, к которому можно добраться по воде... Такая своеобразная платформа с вращающимися лопостями (?).

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Etoprostoya
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 21:59
Сообщение #152

Etoprostostatus
Спасибо сказали: 15833 раза

Цитата(baratorch @ 09 Sep 2010, 22:54)
как он выглядит?

Над ним ещё птицы летают. Выглядит не как обсерватория smile.gif Там какие-то острия к небу тянутся.

--------------------
Etoprostopodpis'

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Valery
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 21:59
Сообщение #153

Immortal

Atlantis is released with HD patch (one of the first version), of course the resource bar was modified by me to fit the new resources layout. My problem with the last version is that icons are changed, but this would not be hard to fix, if they did not also change the text when clicking right:

All the right clicks on icons produce custom text, and I don't know why the last HD patch ignore them.

Also when I play with Heroes32.exe_HD.exe I get the original portrait, it ignores the ERM scripts changing it.

About jumper, you must take the whirlpool (the jumper is highlighted when moving the mouse cursor on the tile)

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
baratorch
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 22:35 (Сообщение отредактировал baratorch - 09 Sep 2010, 22:50)
Сообщение #154

Immortal

I told you, that you can turn off most of the HD features in HiRez2.ini.
Set all values to zero, and you will get nothing else but high resolution.

Код
No CD = 0

Replace main menu items = 0

Replace main menu static text = 0

Fix russian spellbook = 0

Fix disappearing russian text = 0

Clip cursor = 0

Extended adventure manager = 0

Extended army management = 0

Color mode = 0

Berserker's CPU patch = 0

--------------------
HoMM 3 HD:
последняя версия - 3.61f

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Berserker
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 22:39
Сообщение #155

Immortal
Спасибо сказали: 1151 раз

Цитата
Breseker

wink.gif

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Valery
сообщение 09 Sep 2010, 23:06 (Сообщение отредактировал Valery - 11 Sep 2010, 23:27)
Сообщение #156

Immortal

Thanks, I will do it.

Who is Breseker shum_lol.gif

Edit: I changed all options to 0 but still the text is original, not my scripted text. Also I can't run h3wog.exe_HD.exe, I get a black screen. I can run only Heroes32.exe_HD.exe when the hero portrait is still changed.

I think I have to remove all HD patch and reinstall it, as the combination with the GF 32 bit patch was not good.

Добавлено ([mergetime]1284062761[/mergetime]):
I removed GrayFace 32 bit patch and all is working well. I needed for that to paste a clean wog.exe and a zdraw.dll, as removing it causes the HD setup to close. I guess now it is ok, thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Valery
сообщение 11 Sep 2010, 23:27 (Сообщение отредактировал tolich - 17 Nov 2023, 22:42)
Сообщение #157

Immortal

To be viewed in 480p

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Berserker
сообщение 12 Sep 2010, 00:36
Сообщение #158

Immortal
Спасибо сказали: 1151 раз

Gorgeous movie!

--------------------

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
Maestro
сообщение 12 Sep 2010, 11:17
Сообщение #159

Immortal
Спасибо сказали: 1095 раз

шедеврально! (masterpiece)

Спасибо сказали:

+Quote Post
FCst1
сообщение 12 Sep 2010, 12:29
Сообщение #160

Fattest man
Спасибо сказали: 2593 раза

On the present it is quite good! I add it in the first message! smile.gif

Добавлено ([mergetime]1284283526[/mergetime]):
Отредактировал первый пост. Добавил в него видеоролик и русскую версию карты.

Добавлено ([mergetime]1284283776[/mergetime]):
Добавил SGA v2.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 страниц V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic